No matter where you are in life, or what ever your current situation may be, you should find a way to invest in a Personal Development Plan. Do you find that there are a lot of things that you can’t do, or at least you think you can’t? If so investing in a personal growth is instrumental.
There are many different facets to self development. Since I have discovered it , I have improved my life in a drastic way.
The following is collected data and opinionated review on the importance of implementing personal growth into ones everyday life , or at least as often as possible .
A Personal Development Plan is a process of improving on one’s over all growth.
it is a world of get into the know, or be left behind. Now more than ever, a personal development plan is important in the way a person will shape their life.
There was a point in time when not many people believed in improving one’s growth. It was a common misconception that just going to school alone was enough. However, school alone is not enough to learn all the skills needed in today’s high tech era.
Besides skills, there are other forms of development that when not implemented, can attribute to lack of success in one’s life.
There Are A lot Of Topics Under Personal Growth, Here Are A Few:
- Inspiration- (the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative). There are many ways to get inspired, some are through affirmations, while others can be in the form of books or podcasts.
- Take action- (to do something: to act in order to get a particular result). The act of learning something alone is not enough. You must take action in order to move forward. Knowledge is good, making use of that knowledge equals results.
- Meditate-(to think deeply or focus one’s mind for a period of time, in silence or with the aid of chanting, for religious or spiritual purposes or as a method of relaxation). When it comes to Meditation, it is a great way to get your focus in order and helps with advancing the mind. There are many benefits, including health, well being and help with sleep.
Take Everything In Stride
- Affirmations-(the action or process of affirming something or being affirmed). Writing down affirmations, or just saying affirmations to yourself will help in building self confidence. Try these in the morning while looking in the mirror. A good one to start with is ” Each and every day I am getting closer to my goal” or ” I am wonderful in so many ways and I am getting better every day”. You can use any phrase you desire.
- Goal Setting-(the process of identifying something that you want to accomplish and establishing measurable goals and time frames). Setting Goals is invaluable to achieving one’s desires. It gives you a clear vision of what you are going after. When setting a goal you should always write it down. Writing down a goal will make it more real.
- Consistency-(acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate). Self Development requires being consistent in the ongoing learning process. It is the every day process of taking small actions that create huge results.
- Gratitude-(the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness). Gratitude is very important in self development, you must learn to be thankful for what you have now in order to grow. It greatly improves well being keeping stress levels down and promotes happiness.
- Motivation-(the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way). It is the whole idea of where you are heading when in a positive state that leads to motivation. You can get motivated not only by achieving a result, but also by focusing on the result you want to achieve.
The world is continually changing.
With everything evolving so fast, now more than ever it is important to get yourself involved in a personal development plan. Technology is shaping our world, and to stay in the know, it is necessary to consistently feed the mind.
If you want to keep up in a world of gadgets and gizmos, you need to acquire the skills and know how to run with the crowd. If you want to learn how to do something, you simply need to apply your focus to what you are trying to do.
The idea of self development is to bring out the best possible version of yourself. Because we are in a climate where everything is constantly changing, life long learning in any field is the key to remaining at the top of your profession.
Many people have an aversion to change, causing them to stay behind while others pull ahead.
Here is one of my favorite “Tony Robbins quotes“:
“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Tony Robbins
Mastering Self Confidence.
Self Confidence-(a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities , and judgment.)
Another reason to invest in a personal development plan is to build self confidence. Some people are good at faking it, but to get a real self assurance, it takes investing time in yourself.
When you think about a public speaker, an entrepreneur, or anyone else in a high end position, there is a certain way in how they carry themselves. This is due to a high level of confidence in their abilities.
According to Scott Barry Kaufman, who is a Psychologist and Author known for his writing and research on intelligence and creativity, “a bulk research shows that when a person is put in a situation where they are expected to fail, their performance does plummet. They turn into different people. Their head literally shuts down, and they end up confirming the expectations. Their performance shoots back up when they are expected to win. Same person, different expectations”. You can read the rest of the article here.
How Do You Gain Self Confidence?
While self confidence is extremely important in over all growth, it is not something we are born with. While some people develop it naturally, it is also possible to acquire it just like a skill.
Most people are under the impression that if someone is good looking, or a social butterfly that they have high self confidence. While of course this is true for some, in many cases it is a much different scenario.
A lot of people have low self confidence, it does not matter the situation . At one point in my life I had almost no self confidence, but after I decided to invest in personal development, I am a new person with all the confidence in the world.
Just to be clear, when I say invest, I’m not necessarily talking about a financial investment. There are a lot of programs and books that do cost money, but there are also a ton of free resources that you can find online or at your local library.
From podcasts to audio books, webinars and seminars there is a tremendous amount of information out there.
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” – Henry Ford
How Self Development Differs From Traditional Schooling
Here is a comparison done by Response, a team of likeminded, ambitious individuals who strive to achieved or are soon to achieve personal financial freedom. You can visit their website to see what they offer.
As you can see, there are a lot of advantages to self development or non-traditional education. By non traditional, we are really referring to out of the classroom.
Besides the financial part of it, they also touch on the teaching/learning style of it. There are some differences, and each have their advantages and disadvantages.
In school there is more of a social setting, but there are also clubs or group meetings you can attend with personal growth, like mastermind groups for instance.
Created by Napoleon Hill, the mastermind group principle is “The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.”
The Benefits Of Joining A Mastermind Group
In an article put out by Forbes, 7 Reasons To Join A Mastermind Group , it touches on how joining and attending these meetings can help you with strategizing and gives you a platform to exchange ideas with other like minded people.
These groups usually meet on a monthly basis. Some meet more frequently. It all depends on the rules of the group.
The overall idea of the group is to network, come up with new ideas, and mentor each other while facing problems together and coming up with solutions. Every member of this elite community are there to provide honest feedback, and share insight when one faces any setbacks.
In most cases these groups are made up of a diverse set of professions, which can add value by getting insight on how other businesses operate.
Sense Of Direction
After you invest in a personal development plan , suddenly your creative senses become alive. If you do not have a passion, personal growth will help you with uncovering your true self.
So many people hate their Jobs. This is no way for someone to go through life, yet millions of people do. They work hard at something they don’t like, instead of working hard at something they do like.
” Most Americans aren’t thrilled with their jobs. In fact two thirds are disengaged at work, or worse according to a new Gallup study on the American workplace. Of the country’s approximately 100 million full-time employees, 51 percent aren’t engaged at work-meaning they feel no real connection to their jobs and tend to do the bare minimum.” Anna Robaton, Moneywatch
It does not matter if you are at your job for a long time, or if you are just starting out. If it is not something you absolutely love doing, you will end up leading a life without freedom.
On the other hand when you get yourself a personal development plan, you will unlock your creative mind allowing you to move towards your purpose here on earth.
Sometimes Events Open Doors
In a lot of cases, people tend to discover self development after hitting a low point in their life. We tend to find a new alternative or path to take when faced with adversity.
Desperation, can lead to better choices, which can happen in many different ways. Lets say someone suffers from heart disease as an example; in most cases it is only after someone has a heart attack, or some other form of health issue, that they decide to change their diet, or exercise.
In a relationship, most people don’t end them until way past the point of no return.
I am a perfect example. There was a bad point that I went through in my life, which led me to a personal development plan. It wasn’t until I reached rock bottom, or at least what I thought was rock bottom, that i truly realized I needed to change.
In a research article titled Poverty Impedes Cognitive Function, by Sciencemag.org , studies found that someone with financial challenges, ran into problems.
When they would try and figure out a final payment, whether it be for an electric bill or a house repair, a low bill would have no affect. However if it was high, it would affect their decision making in other areas.
Although when the same study was done on someone with no financial challenges, there was no affect on their decision making what so ever no matter how low or high the bill was.
How To Get Your Personal Development Plan
The main thing to understand here is, you do not have to wait for disaster to strike to implement a personal development plan. There is no time like the present to make a change and it is easier than you may think.
While there are many paid programs out there, there are also many free things you can feed your mind with if you are on a tight budget.
Here are a list of ways with little or no cost:
- There are many books with little to no cost. Besides purchasing a book you also have the library, where you can go and read for free. A book I love and has changed many is “Think And Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill.
- If you aren’t much for reading, you can download a book online, or use you tube or icloud to listen to books or other forms of learning online.
- Podcasts are a great way of listening to self development advice. There are many podcasts in this sector with no shortage of great talk. A great podcast I love is Addicted to success, with Joel Brown.
- Anytime I get where I can feed my brain, i try and soak in some kind of motivational podcast, speech, book, or any other form of learning.
Once you start listening and realize the potential you have , you can than begin to form a Personal Development Plan.
You will begin to understand yourself in a more intellectual way. This will uncover hidden talents ultimately finding your true purpose or passion.
From here is where you will start to focus on your goal setting , and form a plan of action. Big results come with small forms of action repeated every day.
Do not try and take a big action looking for a big result right away. This will only discourage you and cause you to give up.
Small consistent learning turned into action will create amazing results.
Leaders In The Self Development Field In No Particular Ranking:
- Tony Robbins
- Bob Proctor
- Napolean Hill
- Zig Ziglar
- Jim Rohn
- Jack Canfield
- Brian Tracy
- Lisa Nichols
- Joel Brown
- Maria Forleo
- Tim Ferris
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Lewis Howes
- DR. Wayne Dyer
These are some great names in personal development. Each one of them have different views and insights on how to become a success in all parts of life.
With a Personal Development Plan you will improve yourself financially. You will also see results in your relationships, your spiritual side and many other aspects of your life.
The world is ever changing. It goes by in the blink of an eye, doesn’t it make sense to be the best you can be?
Are you currently working hard at a job that does not move you? Does your alarm go off in the morning, and the last thing you want to do is wake up? Than you are experiencing more than enough signs it’s time for change.
How about your family? I’m sure they are an awesome reason to make some change.
All in all, no matter where you are in life, there is always room for improvement. There is always room for learning, spiritually, mentally, or in your love life.
Don’t wait for something major to happen to make that breakthrough. You owe it to yourself to make that change.
I wish you all the success that your heart desires, and a life full of happiness!!